Step By Step Installation
The wedi Fundo Riolito is a unique and fully prefabricated tileable unit featuring linear or channel drains. Water drains away through a narrow gap between the cover plate and adjacent tiling. The wedi Fundo Riolio shower drain can be installed with wedi® Building Panels and Curbs to guarantee a waterproof assembly.
The Riolito offers three cover plate options for the integrated channel drain, each made of high quality stainless steel. By adjusting cover plate height, the Fundo Riolito can be combined with nearly any tile or natural stone surface, in a range of thicknesses from 1/4” to 1/2” for the Standard or Deluxe channel covers and from 1/4” to 3/4“ for the tileable channel cover. The Riolito includes a drain set that can be glued to a 2” pipe (ending 1-1/8” below floor top surface) using solvent cement glue.
The Riolito is a great solution to enable homeowners, designers and installers to take bath design into the future. Fully tested for superior performance, this system is the ideal blend of innovation and practical application.
- The drainage rate is 16 gal/minute.
- The prefabricated slope is 1⁄4 in/ft.
- Even large-format tiles can be used in the thinbed process. Fundo Riolito has a true level slope and is ideal where ADA requirements should be met.
Tools and Materials
• Bucket • Notch Trowel • Drill with Thinset Mixer • Utility Knife • Straight Edge / T-Square 5 ft or longer • Speed Square • Caulk Gun • Handsaw • Flat Head Screwdriver • Cordless Drill or Hammer • Solid Putty Knife • Paper Towels • Level • Circular Saw • Saw Horse • Tape Measure • Permanent Marker • PVC Pipe Cement Glue and Primer • Inside PVC Pipe Cutter.
• Sub floor is level, sound and meets deflection criteria. • If Shower base is to be installed floor level, make sure you build out a stable depression and deep enough to receive base + thin set • 2” PVC pipe is cut 1 1/8” below top of sub floor surface. • 2” drain assembly below floor is stabilized and will not sink under water load. • Make sure wedi® drain and 2” pipe is safely connected using PVC cement and primer. • Only wedi® products (wedi® sealant, wedi® fasteners, wedi® building panel, wedi® curb, wedi® ramp) are used for wedi® Fundo Riolito assembly. • Installer has been instructed by wedi® staff or has been informed about proper wedi® assembly steps through wedi® installation brochure and video.
Installing The Drain Cover
A - Fundo Riolito Standard Drain Cover: Polished Stainless Steel
B - Fundo Riolito Deluxe Drain Cover: High Grade Stainless Steel
C - Fundo Riolito Tileable Drain Cover: Can be tiled with epoxy glue / adhesive. Can be used for 1/4” and 1/2” tile / stone (reverse cover)
Each drain cover set contains two white hard PVC spacers, which can be inserted into the channel to help align your tile to the channel’s edge.